27 June 2010

Salad Dressing: My favourite combination in a bottle (27 June 2010)



Dressed to impress

I take my hat off to anyone that makes their own tasty salad dressing but for a lazy kitchen cook like myself I look for the tastiest salad dressing that comes in a bottle. My favourite dressing at the moment is combining about 2 parts Paul Newman's Own Creamy Caesar (58.9% total fats) with 1 part Kraft Balsamic Italian (100% fat free). The Balsamic Italian cuts through some of the heaviness of the very tasty Creamy Caesar while providing a bit of balsamic kick on the taste buds. Awesome with fresh and crunchy baby cos lettuce and anything else you care to dip in it.

Do you have any favourite recommendations to try from the shops or recipes to make my own?

Salad dressing: Paul Newman's Own Creamy Caesar combined with Kraft Balsamic Italian
SIMON FAVOURITE :-)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Why are you eating salads?

It's winter, make soups Simon

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul said...

Simon! It's 3 parts oil to one part vinegar/acid! Add a little salt and pepper and voila! Salad dressing. You can jazz this up with a little mustard too.

Richard Elliot said...

I'm quite supposed to see this post!

I think mass made salad dressings are one of those guilty pleasures we all have. A bit like a Big Mac, we all love them, despite knowing they are not the best burgers in the world.

However, a salad dressing is very simple to make at home and I'm not a fan of Paul Newman (in the UK at least, I've not tried it over here).

OohLookBel said...

As a self-confessed lazy cook, I can recommend that Masterchef mayonnaise where you use a food processor to mix an egg, some vinegar and oil (and probably salt, garlic or something else). I'd give you exact measurements but I forget, and I'm too lazy to look it up. Sorry :)

Simon Leong said...

hi laura, i know, it's freezing! hehe i better start making those homemade soups again for this crazy cold weather.

hi peter, i've got the ingredients so i should make the time to try and perfect the simple combo of flavours but i love a creamy salad dressing for some reason.

hi richard, oh yeah a big mac on a bad day can be comfort food for me. i like the paul newman's here as i grew up with the original one but i now like the creamy caesar and ranch ones.

hi bel, i wish i had a food processor to try this. can i use a blender instead?

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map