11 August 2012

Launch: Zeta Bar presents Coney Island, Hilton Sydney (9 Aug 2012)

Level 4, 488 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000


Fun-filled friday frivolities

“It will be an evening of the unexpected, perfectly paradoxical and the weird and wonderful with extravagant entertainment and a creative mix of classic cocktails with progressive and fun elements”

Thanks to Florencia Aimo from Hilton Sydney for inviting me to the launch of Zeta Bar presents Coney Island. I only managed to catch a glimpse of the festivities and cocktails that were on offer due to attending another event earlier but from what I could tell everyone that was left had a very fun-filled night of entertainment and interesting cocktails. Service staff were dressed up in themed costumes and I heard the acts were pretty amazing to watch which sound a bit along the lines of Extreme Cabaret. A Tarot Card Reader and Cartoonist were available for free and I spotted quite a few very large stuffed toys being carried around as trophies from circus fete games they were won in. Out of the cocktails I tried the Coney Cotton Candy Cosmo ($18) was my preferred drop that was easy to drink with familiar flavours although the Cider-spiked Toffee Apple was pretty good too.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Free entry and entertainment, Fun atmosphere and decor, Cocktails served in a creative way
CONS: I didn't get a chance to get my cartoon caricature done
MUST TRY: Returning to check out the entertainment, cocktails and American-style snacks
Zeta Coney Island Iced Tea ($18)


Coney Cotton Candy Cosmo ($18)


Cider-spiked Toffee Apple ($18)


Menu








Denéa clowning around

These are not my legs — I promise!

Denéa and her caricature by Graeme Biddle







View Larger Map

2 comments:

Denea said...

Love it! Great night and my caricature is so fantastic. Lovely to hang out with you again Mr Food Favourites - catch you soon

Simon Leong said...

hi denéa, i wished i had time to get my caricature as well. maybe next time :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map